The Principles behind Intermittent Fasting
Even though we sometimes refer to intermittent fasting as a diet, especially when talking about the different ways you can do it, its not a diet. The reason its not a diet is that you can literally eat whatever you want (almost) during your eating window. So, while different methods and proponents will offer different eating plans with the way of eating, you can choose whichever one you want to go with.
* Calories Matter This plan causes weight loss by limiting the calories you consume. If you can no longer eat at will anytime you want to, youll naturally lower your calorie intake. However, you also need to boost your intake sometimes if youre undereating to ensure you get enough.
* Macronutrients Matter Most proponents say that while you can eat what you want, you should focus on high-nutrient food and avoid prepackaged high-carb junk food. No matter what plan you choose, you need to eat enough nutrients to be healthy.
* Its All about Healing the Body Most people know that when theyre sick, they should not eat as much. Not eating allows the body to put the focus on healing other aspects of itself and putting to use the nutrients and savings (fat) that you have.
* Lowers Your Insulin Burn Rate When you dont eat as frequently, you tend not to burn as much insulin, which means your sugar levels will remain more stable. Youre not going to experience as many ups and downs on this way of eating as your body grows used to the plan.
* Turn into a Fat Burner Your body is going to burn more fat during fasting times than during eating times. If you never fast, you may not burn as much fat. Your body is lazy; it wants to burn energy that is easier to get to such as food you just swallowed.
* Hunger Is a Good Thing While at first you may be hungrier on this plan than you are on other plans, the truth is, your body will grow accustomed to it. Plus, some of the hunger you think you feel now is really thirst. After a couple of weeks, you should not feel as much hunger other than before you eat. Hunger is good because it brings acid with it to digest your food.
* Simplified Meal Planning Its easier to plan your meals on this plan than others, which makes it more likely for you to stick to it. Since you can eat what you want, youre not going to have to buy any specialty foods unless you simply want to.
* Ends Snacking You dont snack on this program at all, unless something serious is going on (then you can enjoy a 50-calorie snack to avoid messing up your fast). When you dont snack and you let your tummy get empty, your digestion is going to be much improved and eventually youll end the constant hunger and low energy attacks that you have now.
The entire idea behind this way of eating is simple. Let yourself get hungry so that your body can properly digest food. Give your body a break so that it can figure out what it needs. Feed your body nutrients that improve health, avoid simple carbs, unhealthy fats and sugars, and eat all you want of the high-nutrient foods during your eating windows. If you follow these guidelines, you wont get anything but good results from this plan.