The Best Essential Oils for Skin Care
You can use essential oils for a variety of issues like helping reduce anxiety, getting more sleep, controlling hunger and so forth. But did you know that you can also use essential oils for skin care? The biggest tip to do this is to make sure you dilute your oils with a carrier oil. You dont want more than 5% essential oils in your solution, as anything stronger may cause more problems.
* Shrink Your Pores If you have large pores or clogged pores, youll want to do something to shrink them and avoid clogging them. You can deal with both problems with tea tree oil. After diluting youll want to massage it into your face for about five minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
* Tighten Your Skin You have many choices of oils to try for tightening your skin. Everyone gets loose skin; its just a normal part of aging. But you can slow it down with frankincense and/or lavender essential oil.
* Slow Down Aging You can also help slow aging and keep your skin healthy and brighter with the right essential oils. You might want to try something new youve never tried before like carrot seed oil, which is great for reversing skin damage caused by the sun.
* Balance Oily Skin If you have oily skin, you probably also have blemishes. First, understand that having oily skin is not really a bad thing. Your skin will age more slowly. The trick is to keep your pores clean. Try using tea tree oil, ylang ylang, and if you have sensitive skin, chamomile essential oil.
* Soothe Dry Skin Dry skin can be prone to being itchy and rashy. If you want to soothe dry skin, essential oils are the answer. Try blends with frankincense, sandalwood, sage, and rose in jojoba oil.
* Fight Acne Anything that has a smell like mint, peppermint, eucalyptus, and so forth is going to be good for fighting acne, as are citrus oils.
* Reduce Scarring If your skin scars easily or has old scars from acne, you may want to try carrot seed oil, citrus oils, and add vitamin E oil to whatever you use.
* Improve Eczema If you have this condition, you know that its something you are always fighting, and you cant always identify what happened to cause a flare. Depending on the cause of your problem, you may want to try tea tree, lavender, frankincense, and chamomile essential oils.
When you start using essential oils for your skin care issues, start slow. Try working on one condition at a time until you get it straightened out. Then try to improve another issue. That way you will avoid additional problems by using too much essential oil directly on your skin, or not realizing which essential oil worked best for you.