Summer Barbeque Ideas for Everyone
Having a summer BBQ is a fun way to bring people together. Whether neighbors, work colleagues, or family a BBQ in the summer is the ideal way to do it. Its the causal atmosphere, the games you play, and the food you eat which will bring you all together and create amazing happy memories.
With all the different diets out there that everyone is on these days, its so hard to know what to serve. But this summer BBQ menu is sure to please anyone who comes, and itll be easy to put together too.
Summer BBQ Menu
The components of the menu are the same no matter what time of year you have a BBQ, but the results will be different due to the hot weather and the awesome variety of plant food that is available.
Components of a BBQ Menu
* Appetizers and snacks
* Main protein
* Veggie sides
* Starchy sides
The easiest thing to do about this is to state in your invitations that youll supply the main protein, water, and a variety of juice and soda. Then let everyone bring something that you choose for them to bring.
Just tell them in the invite something like, “Please bring enough 7-layer dip to feed four people.” Alternatively, in the case of 7-layer dip, you can ask each person to bring part of the recipe and make it together at the event.
Lets fill out this menu more by adding a few items under each category. There are links to recipes too, but you can always use your own. Just use this to get some ideas for your own menu.
=> Appetizers and Snacks
* Here is a good 7-layer dip recipe from MinimalistBaker.com. Its easy to put together and perfect to feed to anyone. No one will miss the meat. Dont tell anyone its “vegan” and no one will even care. (https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-7-layer-mexican-dip/)
* For those who need a low-carb option, here is a great recipe from IBreatheImHungry.com. This recipe is full of flavor and very creative. Its a little harder to make, but its laid out easily here. (https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/keto-7-layer-dip-mexican-bean-free-low-carb/)
* Chips for dip Ask people to bring a variety of chips to share with others.
* Veggies for dip Ask people to bring a variety of veggie trays for the different dips.
=> Main Protein
* Hot Dogs You can use any type of hot dog that you want to, but to make a hot dog extra special, ensure that you have all the fixings to go with it so people can make theirs how they like it. Also provide a mixture of beef, turkey, pork and vegan choices.
* Hamburgers The same thing can be done for your hamburgers. Offer traditional types but also offer choices like Beyond Meat, which is a vegan option that truly cooks like and tastes like a beef burger.
=> Veggie Sides
Spinach Strawberry Salad
You can make this easily on the day of the event or even the day before. However, dont add any dressing until you are ready to serve it to avoid any over-wilting of the salad. This recipe from AllRecipes.com is simple and easy to do. (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16409/spinach-and-strawberry-salad/)
=> Starchy Sides
This potato salad recipe from girlandthekitchen.com is vegan but dont tell anyone because it is full of flavor, and due to its mustard-based dressing it wont go bad as quickly as the more mayonnaise-centered choices. Even so, remember to set your bowl of this deliciousness over ice to keep it cold. (https://girlandthekitchen.com/healthy-vegan-potato-salad-with-mustard-dressing/)
Since you left out the eggs in the potato salad to account for your non-egg eating friends (while keeping the flavor), its nice to add some deviled eggs to the BBQ choices. These low-carb friendly deviled eggs from thatlowcarblife.com are to die for. (https://thatlowcarblife.com/keto-deviled-eggs/)
This strawberry shortcake sheet cake makes it easy to serve shortcake to your entire crowd at your BBQ this summer. The recipe here from sixsistersstuff.com is easy to follow and most of all delicious. (https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/strawberry-shortcake-sheet-cake/)
Vanilla Ice Cream
This one is simple because you can just buy the ice cream. Consider trying a vegan option so that your vegan friends can enjoy it too. Dont worry, todays vegan ice creams taste so good you wont miss anything. Try So Delicious Dairy Free Cashew Milk ice cream, and youll be amazed at the creamy goodness.
* Infused Water Set up a container for self-serve with ice, water, and cucumber slices. Alternatively, you can use any fruit that youd like to make the water more beautiful to look at as well as tastier to drink.
* Soda Put a variety of small cans or bottles in ice so that everyone can get a cold one and not waste as much. The smaller cans or bottles will also be easier to carry for everyone. They can always get more.
* Infused Tea Make some tea and add slices of lemon or oranges to the tea with lots of ice and let everyone self-serve. A tip to make iced tea taste the best is to follow brewing instructions and use lots of ice.
You can also let everyone bring their own drinks too. If you want to include alcoholic drinks, ask on your invitation request that everyone brings their own bottle (BYOB) to share with others at the party.
Now that you have your menu, its time to get the invitations out so that you can get a head count, know what people are bringing, and set everything up. Your summer BBQ is going to be amazing with these ideas.