Seven Fasting Breakfast Ideas
Intermittent fasting is popular and for a good reason – it works. Sadly, though, a lot of people are not doing it with an eye toward health. After all, intermittent fasting is just a way to control how many calories you eat by purposefully (with a plan) skipping some meals. However, you never have to skip breakfast on the plan, and there are some who say you should not skip breakfast ever. With that in mind, here are some breakfast ideas for fasting days.
1. High Protein Smoothie You can pack a lot of nutrition into a smoothie. Try making a high protein shake with avocado, almond milk, spinach, and protein powder. The fat will fill you up, the protein will satiate you, and the spinach will give you a punch of energy for your day.
2. What Your Body Wants You can eat whatever your body wants. At breakfast, youre coming off a fast since you dont eat when sleeping. Your body probably is craving something that you need. Now, dont eat the donuts if thats what your body is craving, but find something that has the nutrition that can work as a protein bar.
3. Healthy Veggie-Rich Omelet You need lots of energy to get through your day. An omelet with lots of veggies inside will fill the bill. You can put whatever you want in it, top it with salsa and a dollop of sour cream and you will never believe its healthy for you.
4. Black Coffee While this is not really a breakfast food, this is just to say that its okay to drink coffee in the morning. Even if you want to add a splash of cream to it. What you do want to avoid is something that causes cravings, and that is sugar.
5. Protein Bar When choosing a bar to eat, try to find one that is organic, natural, and does not contain a lot of added processed sugar. Those types of bars are just desserts. Read the labels and choose accordingly. High protein, low sugar, and a lot of added vitamins are best.
6. Tofu Spinach Casserole If you dont like to eat eggs, you can eat a tofu spinach casserole or scramble instead. Just add some tofu in a pan, scramble up, add some turmeric, and any seasonings you like, plus spinach and any other veg that you like, and youre sure to enjoy it. Not only that; you wont get hungry for hours.
7. A Fifty-Calorie Meal Did you know that when you are fasting, you can eat up to 50 calories any time you are ravenous and not ruin your fast. Only do this when youre super-hungry. However, if you are worried about eating breakfast, trying the snack option can work too.
Its super-important to focus on nutrition first thing in the morning. Its also important to arrange your fasting days so that you eat most of your food earlier rather than later. The only exception is if you live a nightlife and work all night instead of all day. You need to get your calories and nutrition in the morning, so you have the energy to get through the day. Youll find fasting much easier if your eating window is the first thing.