Foods Predicted to Be “In” This Summer
Summer food is all about fresh, locally-grown produce, no matter what year it is. But sometimes ideas come along that you didnt even consider might happen. Lets look at some trending summer food ideas that are predicted to be in this summer.
* Grilled Watermelon This may seem strange, but it really does work. The texture is changed substantially and it kind of looks like raw steak, but its still sweet and delicious. With the addition of seasoning, its the perfect sweet, salty, and fresh thing to eat when its hot out.
(Recipe – https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/grilled-watermelon-317554)
* Jackfruit BBQ There is a fruit called jackfruit that you can use to make the most delicious and meaty-tasting BBQ. Nowadays you can buy jackfruit BBQ at stores like Trader Joe’s, Costco, and Wholefoods.
* Rose-Infused Delights With June 9th being National Rose Day, its a good day to prepare any rose-infused delights you can. From tea, to water, to ice cream, the possibilities are endless when it comes to roses.
* Meal Bowls Part of the easy way to eat today is to eat everything in a bowl, even if its not soup. One Green Planet has rounded up ten recipes that show that the best summer meals come in bowls. All their recipes are top-notch and delicious. (http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/best-summer-meals-come-in-bowls/)
* Keto Delights Lots of people are trying to eat keto diets, so it just goes to show that there will also be many keto foods in this summer: from the basics like chicken wings, to dips made from roasted chicken. Its all in. (https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-buffalo-chicken-dip/)
* More Vegan Goodness Just like the keto diet has taken off, so has the vegan plant-based diet, and that is not going out of style anytime soon. More people are becoming vegan every day than any other time in history. And why not; the food industry is coming through with so many wonderful choices that its easy now.
* Cold Locally-Brewed Beer There are more local breweries than there used to be. Small, locally-owned beer breweries are always creating amazing concoctions for their local audience. Go to a beer tasting, and maybe even try brewing your own.
* All You Can Eat Buffets Okay, this seems weird, but its true. People love going to all you can eat bars, but youre going to see more specialties than the “everything” type of bars. For example, restaurants like Sweet Tomatoes® Salad Bar restaurants are becoming even more popular as people work hard, yet want to grab something healthy and light in the summer.
* Food Delivery This is not just getting dinner delivered from a fast food place. Healthy food boxes, healthy prepared meals from a personal chef, and ordering individual grocery items and having them delivered is getting a lot more popular.
* Infused Teas and Water People are into drinking water today, more than ever. Water is good for you, but people love mixing it up. Drinking infused water and tea is a good answer if you want something new.
* Radishes Sounds weird, but radishes are making a comeback. And there is more to do with a radish than putting it in your salad. These 35 radish recipes can get you started on creating amazing radish-inspired dishes. (https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/radish-recipes)
This summer, the main thing is to open your horizons and try new things. If you see something you never heard of at a party, go ahead and try it. It might be your new favorite thing.