Eight Fasting Lunch Ideas
When it comes to lunch, the issue is often how you are going to cook it, heat it, or store it. The reason is that most people are not home during lunch. If you have a microwave and fridge at your work, its going to be a lot easier to meal prep these lunch ideas for intermittent fasters. Buy some containers that work in the freezer, fridge, and microwave. Then you can easily take healthy meals with you.
1. Lettuce Wraps Make any type of high protein filling that you like. For example, chop chicken, onion, veggies (anything you want inside) finely and uniformly. Cook fast in a hot pan. Store in your container separately from the lettuce leaves. Hint: You can also use cabbage.
2. Broccoli Salad Combine uncooked broccoli, bell peppers, scallions, mayo, cheese and vinegar in a big bowl. You can use substitutes such as unflavored yogurt for your mayo, and you can skip the cheese if you want to.
3. Cauliflower Taco Rice Bowl Buy some riced cauliflower from the frozen section of your grocery store for convenience. Combine a taco meat mixture together and serve over the cauliflower rice in a bowl.
4. Chicken and Veggies You can make a meal with leftovers to take with you. Just put chicken and veggies in the container. You can eat it with lettuce wraps or cabbage wraps, or just eat it out of the container with a fork.
5. Chicken Fajitas Make a marinade from olive oil, lemon juice and “fajita” seasoning. Chop your chicken, veggies, and anything you are putting in it in strips, season with the fajita flavorings and then bake in the oven until done. Store just like it is, and heat to eat. Eat with a fork instead of a flour shell. If you want to, you can indulge in a few unfried corn tortillas.
6. Deconstructed Egg Roll You know everything you put in an egg roll and then fry? Everything inside that egg roll is so good for you. Its the frying it and the high-carb low nutrition shell thats the problem. Just eat your egg roll in a bowl, but do cook it first.
7. Chicken Salad Use any low-carb chicken salad recipe. You can replace any of the ingredients you dont want to use with something else. For example, if mayonnaise is too high calorie for you at this point in your journey, try using unflavored yogurt.
8. Zucchini Enchiladas However you normally make enchiladas, try making them as a casserole using sliced zucchini as the flour shells. Just layer all the ingredients in the casserole pan and cook. Get one with a lid, and you can take the dish to work in the same dish you cooked it in.
These meals are good for lunch or dinner. In fact, most people who embark on intermittent fasting end up not worrying about differentiating between breakfast, lunch, and dinner as much because you should eat whatever you want to eat within the plan youve chosen during the times when youre able to eat.